PRE-DREADNOUGHT ERA FAST-PLAY RULES
| Quickfire Scenario: Sylvia
Basin - The Japanese Nightmare
Location Southeast Coast of Korea. March,
Background The Russian Pacific Fleet held out and
the Russian Baltic Fleet raced on without waiting for reinforcements. The
Japanese concentrated near the Sylvia basin in the long hope of catching the
Russian fleets one at a time, but it didn't work.
- Beginning Russian Order of Battle
- Baltic Fleet Commander - Admiral Rozhesvenski
- Battle Division 1: Suvarov, Borodino, Alexander III,
- Battle Division 2: Oslyabya, Sissoi Veliky,
- Cruiser Division 1: Oleg, Aurora.
- Beginning Japanese Order of Battle
- Fleet Commander - Admiral Togo
- Battleship Division 1: Mikasa, Shikishima, Asahi,
Fuji, Kasuga, Nisshin.
- Cruiser Division 1: Azuma, Izumo, Tokiwa, Yakumo,
Asama, Iwate, Chihaya
- Cruiser Division 2: Kasagi, Chitose, Otawa,
- Cruiser Division 4: Suma, Chiyoda, Akitsushima,
- Destroyer Division 1: Four destroyers
Scenario rules All Russian Pacific Fleet
ships have their light fire ROF ratings halved. Sevastopol has a heavy fire
rating of 3. Rough weather is predicted for the evening, so only a few
destroyers are out.
Setup Russian Baltic Fleet begin
the game on the southern side of the board on a northern heading. Ship
formations are at player's discretion.
Japanese Fleet begins game on
northern side of board on a southerly heading. Ship formations are at player's
Closest setup proximity: 2.5 Nautical Miles
- Reinforcement Die Rolls (1D6)
- Russian Pacific Fleet - Battle Division: Sevastopol,
Retvizan, Peresviet, Pobieda, Poltava and Cruiser Division: Pallada,
Novik, six destoyers. Roll once at the start of turn 1 and each turn
thereafter. On any die roll of 6 or greater the entire fleet arrives in two
lines ahead (one for the battle division and one for the cruiser division) on
western edge of board during the movement phase.
Japanese Cruiser Division
3: Naniwa, Takachiho, Akashi, Tsushima. Roll once at the start of turn 8
and each turn thereafter. On any die roll of 6 or greater the division arrives
on eastern edge of board during the movement phase.
- Victory Conditions
- The Russians must pass to the north until the Japanese
give up trying to stop them. They win if two or more of their battleships pass
to the north (toward Vladovostok). The Japanese must force all of the Russian
battleships to turn around and abandon their attempt to pass to the north. Note
that this does not mean the northern edge of the board, it means
northward movement in general.